Social Worker – Part Time: Greenville, SC
- Provide information on hospice services to potential patients/families.
- Admit appropriate patients to the program with completion of all admission paperwork on a timely manner and within regulatory guidelines and timeframes.
- Evaluate patients for possible discharge related to not currently appropriate for hospice services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide wide range of psychosocial services to terminally ill patients and their families.
- Regularly assess and re-evaluates the patient and family psychosocial needs.
- Regularly assess the pre-bereavement/anticipatory grief needs.
- Implement the Plan of Care provisions to meet their needs, which include: Social service goals for alleviating problems, supportive counseling, problem solving, community referrals pre-bereavement and bereavement care.
- Attend all mandatory in-services, meetings, and training sessions as required by Palladium Hospice and Palliative Care, Inc. Attend Stand-Up daily.
- Abide by all HIPAA laws, Medicare/Medicaid and DHEC Regulations as well as Conditions of Participations (CoPs) to maintain patient rights, privacy and due care.
- Promote Palladium Hospice and Palliative Care mission and company policies.
The Social Worker should demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Behave Ethically:Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization. Follow/use NASW Code of Ethics as standard of practice.
- Leadership:Ability to set the standard by complying with all policies and procedures of Palladium Hospice and Palliative Care.
- Communicate Effectively:Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques. Ability to effectively share information with all patients, families, disciplines and members of Palladium Staff.
- Independence:Capability to triage problems and find resources to achieve/institute solutions.
- Teamwork:Work well within team of disciplines to develop plan of action and achieve optimal goals
- Prioritization:Skills to organize schedule/tasks, focusing on the most pertinent first, and completing all within a timely manner.
- Make Decisions:Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interest of the patients, families, and the organization.
- Problem Solve:Capability to assess situations, gather information, and generate/initiate plan of action to resolve problems.
- Flexibility:Be flexible with schedule and able to modify to any change needed for emergencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position operates in a professional facilities and patient home environments; routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, medical equipment. This would require the ability to lift up to 25 pounds, and bending as necessary. Prolonged standing and walking required. Requires working under occasional stressful conditions to meet deadlines and patient needs. May require visits in unsafe neighborhoods and dwellings that may not have elevators.
E= Essential D= Desirable
Education: Graduate of an accredited college with a Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
Licensure: Current Social Worker license.
Licensure: Current SC Divers License.
Transportation: Reliable transportation with valid and current auto liability insurance. Will need to travel locally with some exposure to weather.
Minimum of 2 years social work experience in a healthcare setting or social services agency.
Experience working in a largely autonomous environment.
Experience working in IDT/multi-disciplinary.
Hospice experience a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, patients, family members, visitors,
government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
Strong organizational and communication skills.
Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs,
goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
Must have patience, tact, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
Must be able to relate information concerning a patient’s condition.
Experience with electronic medical records.
Must have effective computer skills/ including Microsoft Office Suite for documentation purposes.
Must have knowledge in HIPAA compliance and regulations.
Knowledge of an ability to obtain community resources (information and referral, state/federal financial programs and eligibility requirements, etc.).
Understand Hospice philosophy, principles of death/dying.
Other Job Specifications:
Participation in Agency Quality Assurance Program.
Ability to adapt to Agency software for documentation.
Demonstrate commitment, professional growth, and competency.
Any other tasks as needed or required by Palladium Hospice and Palliative Care that is assigned by your supervisor.
Organize your travel by routing patients so you drive the shortest possible distance between visits.
Key Information Regarding Position:
Is this position closely, moderately, or minimally supervised?
Does this position have access to confidential information?
If “Yes”, please explain:
This position requires access to patient information and related documents.
Does this position have access to or handle company funds?
If “Yes”, please explain:
OSHA AND Bloodborne Pathogens Susceptibility:
This position may require hands on patient assessment. Thus, the risk of contact with blood and bloodborne pathogens is moderate. Personal protective equipment is provided. Employees with this risk are encouraged to be inoculated with the HBV vaccine to prevent exposure to Hepatitis B. Universal Precautions techniques must be adhered to in all patient contact.
The employee is required to possess the normal requirements for reading written instructions, spreadsheets and computer screens. The employee will meet the normal requirements for understanding verbal instructions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others.
Palladium Hospice and Palliative Care provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Palladium Hospice and Palliative Care does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, national origin, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, age, disability or handicap, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Job Type: Part-time