Medicaid Billing Specialist
Our growing hospice company is looking for an experienced (at least 3 years) Medicaid Hospice Billing Specialist. The Billing Specialist should have Hospice and/or Nursing Home billing experience. This position entails claim generation, billing, payments and follow up for Routine Hospice Claims as well as Medicaid Room/Board claims.
Candidate should have great communication skills, organizational skills, must be efficient in Excel, able to work independently and able to establish and maintain business relationships internally and externally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for the complete and accurate billing and collections of all Hospice claims submitted for payment to Medicaid and other state and federal health care programs.
- Coordinates accumulation and verification of all necessary documentation required for billing.
- Performs all follow up duties associated with re-billing, adjustments and collections of all overdue account/claim in accordance with best business practices.
- Process correspondence and telephone calls from all payors regarding claims.
- Responsible for identifying problems and solutions or enhancements to resolve billing issues including, but not limited to, billing frequency, required forms, and general billing requirements.
- Communicates issues and offers suggestions to agency personnel as well as management to improve processes within patient accounts and follow-up of claims.
- Maintains acceptable % goal of outstanding AR depending on the plan.
- Manages clearinghouse and payor accept/reject reports timely.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Job Type: Full-time