Hospice Healthcare Liaison: Lawrenceville, GA
The Healthcare Liaison Position with Palladium Hospice and Palliative Care LLC. is an outside sales position designated to grow patient census by establishing relationships with referral sources to include Hospitals, Physician practices, Skilled Nursing Facilities, Assisted Living Facilities, and the community. As a Healthcare Liaison your responsibilities will be to work with a multi-disciplinary team to achieve monthly assigned goals. The Healthcare Liaison’s focus is to grow Palladium’s patient census in designated territory. This will be accomplished by making 7-10 outside sales calls daily to referral sources in the designated territory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds and maintains a diverse book of business within assigned territory and work within a set budget to meet and exceed assigned goals in order to grow Hospice census.
- Completes 7-10 in person sales calls daily and documents in provided CRM database.
- Manages field sales and marketing events to grow Hospice Census.
- Builds relationships within their assigned territories to meet and exceed growth goals.
- Implements Business Development strategies, working with a multi-disciplinary team setting to provide the highest quality of Hospice and Palliative Care.
- Manages a set budget to include expanding the Palladium brand throughout their assigned territory.
- Manages his/her own expenses via an expense database and completes expense reports in a timely manner (within 30 days).
- Strategizes, develops, and executes 90 day business plans for their assigned territory in order to ensure census growth.
- Stewards the philosophy/mission of Palladium Hospice and Palliative Care, LLC which focuses on the overriding values of human dignity and respectful response to the needs of persons with life threatening/terminal and/or chronic illnesses.
- Consistently meets all referral sales call goals-with referral and/or potential client calls with source decision makers each working day.
- Continuously cultivates new business opportunities and creates new client referral sources.
- Keeps accurate, thorough and timely records of all sales calls and activities.
- Finds, creates and attends effective networking activities once approved by management.
- Spends time getting to know potential clients at facilities and events.
- Abides by all HIPAA laws, Medicare/Medicaid and DHEC Regulations as well as Conditions of Participations (CoPs) to maintain patient rights, privacy and due care.
- Promotes Palladium Hospice and Palliative Care, Inc. mission and company policies.
- Meets mandated budget projection for Total patient Days and Average Daily Census.
- Assists in week-end and evening admissions if needed.
- Controls budget spending and cost of events, memberships, and routine making/sales cost.
- Obtains SNF and Inpatient Contracts for hospice patient care.
- Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
The Healthcare Liaison should demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Behave Ethically:Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Leadership:Ability to set the standard by complying with all policies and procedures of Palladium Hospice and Palliative Care, Inc.
- Communicate Effectively:Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques. Ability to effectively share information with all patients, families, disciplines and members of Ark Staff.
- Independence:Capability to triage problems and find resources to achieve/institute solutions.
- Teamwork:Work well within team of disciplines to develop plan of action and achieve optimal goals
- Prioritization:Skills to organize schedule/tasks, focusing on the most pertinent first, and completing all within a timely manner.
- Make Decisions:Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interest of the patients, families, and the organization.
- Problem Solve:Capability to assess situations, gathers information, and generate/initiate plan of action to resolve problems.
- Flexibility:Be flexible with schedule and able to modify to any change needed for emergencies.
E = Essential D= Desirable
EEducation: Graduate of an accredited college with an Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Health related field or Equivalent
ELicensure: Current valid State Divers License.
ETransportation: Reliable transportation with valid and current auto liability insurance. Will need to travel locally with some exposure to weather.
EMust have a clean driving record.
DMinimum of 3 years Outside Sales experience.
DMinimum of 1 year experience in Healthcare Sales experience.
EMust have existing relationships with referral sources in the service area.
EMust have knowledge of physicians, hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, assisted and independent living facilities, case managers and discharge planners in the service area.
Skills and Abilities:
EAble to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
EExcellent customer communication skills and effectively communicates with all staff personnel to coordinate marketing and sales activities.
EDemonstrates the ability to respond professionally and appropriately on behalf of Palladium Hospice and Palliative Care.
EAbility to create written professional documentation and correspondence.
EAbility to create presentations and present them to small groups.
EDisplay the highest level of professionalism as a Palladium Hospice and Palliative Care representative.
EMust display superior customer service orientation and maintain high level of customer service focus through prompt and timely response, and accurate follow through.
ERequires outstanding organizational skills, problem solving skills, thoroughness, adaptability to shifting priorities and multi-tasking.
EMust work well as a teammate and comfortable partnering with other teammates to accomplish company goals, as well as working independently.
EDemonstrate a sense of understanding and urgency for priorities.
EMust possess the ability to handle confidential information and act as hospice spokesperson.
EEffectively manages company resources regarding expenses.
EMust have good understanding of computer use and able to enter data into an electronic database.
EMust have a strong work ethic.
EMust have the ability to learn information as it pertains to Hospice and Palliative Care.
EMust be efficient with Microsoft Office.
EMust efficiently operate an IPhone, IPad, and software databases utilized.
EKnowledge of HIPAA compliance and regulations.
Other Job Specifications:
EWorks in office area(s), community and long term care facilities.
EMoves intermittently during working hours.
EIs subject to frequent interruptions.
EIs involved with patients, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
EIs subject to hostile and emotionally upset patients, family members, personnel, and visitors.
EIs involved in community/civic health matters/projects as appropriate.
EAttends and participates in continuing educational programs.
EIs subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the work day, as well as to reactions from dust, disinfectants and other air contaminants.
EMust be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 20 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.
OSHA AND Bloodborne Pathogens Susceptibility:
This position may require hands on patient assessment. Thus, the risk of contact with blood and bloodborne pathogens is moderate. Personal protective equipment is provided. Employees with this risk are encouraged to be inoculated with the HBV vaccine to prevent exposure to Hepatitis B. Universal Precautions techniques must be adhered to in all patient contact.
The employee is required to possess the normal requirements for reading written instructions, spreadsheets and computer screens. The employee will meet the normal requirements for understanding verbal instructions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others.
Palladium Hospice and Palliative Care provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Palladium Hospice and Palliative Care does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, national origin, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, age, disability or handicap, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time