Hospice Clinical Liaison – Ridgeland, MS
Fast growing Multi-state Hospice Company seeking a Clinical Liaison to join our team in the Ridgeland, MS area! Want to make a difference in your community? Flexible work schedule, family & team oriented environment. This is a liaison role to identify hospice appropriate patients and key referral sources.
Clinical Liaison Responsibilities:
- Develop positive working relationship with new and existing healthcare providers and key personnel.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency in response to referrals to determine patient appropriateness.
- Contributes in the referral process by coordinating chart checks for data synthesis for hospice appropriateness.
- Completes referral to admission documentation per organizational policy.
- Collaborates with clinical team to provide education on clinical topics to healthcare facility staff and family members.
- Completes Educational Inservices to the five target referral groups to include:Hospitals, Physician Practices, Skilled Nursing Facilities, Assisted Living Facilities, and the Community.
Clinical Liaison Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited college with a diploma, associate, or baccalaureate degree in Nursing.
- Must possess an active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in good standing in assigned state and privileged to practice multi-state.
- Must possess an active BLS certification.
- Minimum of 5 years’ RN experience in a clinical setting.
- Previous hospice experience is desired.
- Previous healthcare liaison or marketing experience is desired.
- Must demonstrate patience, tact, as well as the willingness to handle difficult conversations.
- Must be able to develop and present educational topics clearly.
- Must be able to build rapport with facilities, patients, patient family members, and the clinical team.
Job Type: Full-time