Hospice Chaplain – Part Time – Ridgeland, MS
Fast growing Multi-state Hospice Company seeking a Chaplain to join our team in the Ridgeland, MS area! Want to make a difference in your community? Flexible work schedule, family & team oriented environment.
- Provides spiritual and emotional care to palliative and terminally ill patients and their families as well as grief support to the family after the death of the patient.
- Performs spiritual assessment on Palladium Hospice & Palliative Care patients.
- Acts as liaison between Palladium Hospice & Palliative Care and the spiritual community.
- Responds to the mental, spiritual, social and emotional needs of terminally ill patients and their families.
- Provides non-denominational spiritual counseling per patient and/or family request.
- Assists family in understanding the grief process.
- Gives referrals to family for community grief support groups.
- Allows patient and family to voice their concerns, fears and feelings.
- Responsive to patient’s desires and condition.
- Addresses and supports cultural practices, as long as such practices do not harm others.
- Ability to work with people of various religious faiths and cultures
- Graduate of an accredited college with a degree in ministry, counseling, or social work.
- Masters of Divinity or Masters of Theology and 4 units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE).
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Hospice experience a plus.
Job Type: Part-time