Hospice Chaplain – FT – Biloxi/Hattiesburg, MS
Provides spiritual and emotional care to palliative and terminally ill patients and their families as well as grief support to the family after the death of the patient. Ability to work with people of various religious faiths and cultures. Responsible for assisting Director of Support Services in developing bereavement programs and overseeing current programs, including social activities and workshops.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensures that all components of the Bereavement Program are implemented in a timely manner as assigned by the Director of Support Services.
- Performs spiritual assessment on Palladium Hospice & Palliative Care patients.
- Acts as liaison between Palladium Hospice & Palliative Care and the spiritual community.
- Responds to the mental, spiritual, social and emotional needs of terminally ill patients and their families.
- Provides non-denominational spiritual counseling per patient and/or family request.
- Functions well as part of the interdisciplinary team.
- Provides emotional support through discussion of spiritual and/or existential issues.
- Assists family in understanding the grief process.
- Gives referrals to family for community grief support groups.
- Allows patient and family to voice their concerns, fears and feelings.
- Responsive to patient’s desires and condition.
- Addresses and supports cultural practices, as long as such practices do not harm others.
- Supports a culture of safety and quality.
The Chaplain should demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Behave Ethically: _Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Leadership: Ability to set the standard by complying with all policies and procedures of Palladium Hospice & Palliative Care,Inc.
- Communicate Effectively: _Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques. Ability to effectively share information with all patients,families, disciplines and members of Palladium Staff.
- Independence: Capability to triage problems and find resources to achieve/institute solutions.
- Teamwork: Work well within team of disciplines to develop plan of action and achieve optimal goals.
- Prioritization: _Skills to organize schedule/tasks, focusing on the most pertinent first, and completing all within a timely manner.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interest of the patients, families, and the organization.
- Problem Solve: _Capability to assess situations, gathers information, and generate/initiate plan of action to resolve problems.
- Flexibility: Be flexible with schedule and able to modify to any change needed for emergencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position operates in a professional facilities and patient home environments; routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, medical equipment. This would require the ability to lift up to 25 pounds, and bending as necessary. Prolonged standing and walking required. Requires working under occasional stressful conditions to meet deadlines and patient needs. May require visits in unsafe neighborhoods and dwellings that may not have elevators.
E*= Essential D= Desirable*
E Education: Graduate of an accredited college with a degree in ministry, counseling, or social work.
D Education: Masters of Divinity or Masters of Theology and 4 unites of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE).
E Licensure: Current MS Divers License.
E Transportation: Reliable transportation with valid and current auto liability insurance. Will need to travel locally with some exposure to weather.
E Two (2) years or equivalent full time experience as a Chaplain within the last three (3) years.
Skills and Abilities:
E Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
E Excellent interpersonal skills.
E Excellent public speaking skills.
E Additional languages a plus.
E Basic computer knowledge.
E Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
E Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner in the community.
E Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the organization.
Other Job Specifications:
E Completes annual educational requirements.
E Maintains regulatory requirements.
E Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
E Attends committee, CQI and other scheduled meetings as appropriate.
E Attends staff meetings and IDT meetings as scheduled.
E Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
Job Type: Full-time