Help Desk / IT Specialist – Greenville, SC
The Help Desk Technician is a hands-on position that is crucial to the organization’s success to ensure technical infrastructure and network access is functioning at all times for all employees and that security threats are contained or mitigated.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Define and implement IT policies, procedures and best practices.
- Provides daily support with ongoing troubleshooting.
- Support and maintenance of applications, computer systems, hardware, software and networks.
- Attend all mandatory in-services, meetings, and training sessions as required by Palladium Hospice, Inc.
- Abide by all HIPAA laws, Medicare/Medicaid and DHEC Regulations as well as Conditions of Participations (CoPs) to maintain patient rights, privacy and due care.
- Promote Palladium Hospice, mission and company policies.
The Help Desk Technician should demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Leadership: Ability to set the standard by complying with all policies and procedures of Palladium Hospice, Inc.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques. Ability to effectively share information with all patients, families, disciplines and members of Palladium Staff.
- Independence: Capability to triage problems and find resources to achieve/institute solutions.
- Teamwork: Work well within team of disciplines to develop plan of action and achieve optimal goals
- Prioritization: Skills to organize schedule/tasks, focusing on the most pertinent first, and completing all within a timely manner.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interest of the patients, families, and the organization.
- Problem Solve: Capability to assess situations, gathers information, and generate/initiate plan of action to resolve problems.
- Flexibility: Be flexible with schedule and able to modify to any change needed for emergencies.
E = Essential D = Desirable
Education: Graduate of an accredited college with an Associate’s degree in information technology or a related discipline.
Licensure: Current SC Divers License.
Transportation: Reliable transportation with valid and current auto liability insurance. Will need to travel locally with some exposure to weather.
Minimum of 3 years IT experience.
Prefer experience with Citrix Administration, LAN/WAN, Windows Server & Active Directory, MS Exchange, software and hardware installation, laptop imaging and IT related repair skills
Interface concepts preferred, HL7 a plus.
Experience with Consolo EMR is ideal.
Skills and Abilities:
Candidates must possess outstanding communication and problem-solving skills.
Excellent focus on teamwork.
Ability to communicate well in English (written and spoken).
Capability to train staff for future growth.
Other Job Specifications:
This position requires some travel.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position operates in a professional office environment; routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines and is primarily a sedentary role. This would require the ability to lift files up to 50 pounds, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary.
Key Information Regarding Position:
Is this position closely, moderately, or minimally supervised?
Does this position have access to confidential information?
If “Yes”, please explain:
This position requires access to financial information and related documents.
Does this position have access to or handle company funds?
If “Yes”, please explain:
This position requires access to company financial information.
The employee is required to possess the normal requirements for reading written instructions, spreadsheets and computer screens. The employee will meet the normal requirements for understanding verbal instructions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others.
Palladium Hospice and Palliative Care provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Palladium Hospice and Palliative Care does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, national origin, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, age, disability or handicap, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time