Healthcare Liaison: Charleston, SC
The Hospice Community Relations Liaison develops strong and long-lasting relationships with key client referral sources and potential client interaction across the service territory. This role also is responsible for executing any and all marketing and sales related functions including events, presentations, client calls, etc. required to accelerate the growth of Palladium Hospice and Palliative Care, LLC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Stewards the philosophy/mission of Palladium Hospice and Palliative Care, LLC which focuses on the overriding values of human dignity and respectful response to the needs of persons with life threatening/terminal and/or chronic illnesses.
2. Works industriously to achieve company census and revenue objectives.
3. Consistently meets all referral sales call goals-with referral and/or potential client calls with source decision makers each working day.
4. Continuously cultivates new business opportunities and creates new client referral sources.
5. Keeps accurate, thorough and timely records of all sales calls and activities.
6. Finds, creates and attends effective networking activities once approved by management.
7. Spends time getting to know potential clients at facilities and events.
8. Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
9. Abide by all HIPAA laws, Medicare/Medicaid and DHEC Regulations as well as Conditions of Participations (CoPs) to maintain patient rights, privacy and due care.
10. Promote Palladium Hospice and Palliative Care, Inc. mission and company policies.
11. Meet mandated budget projection for Total patient Days and Average Daily Census.
12. Carry out mission of the strategic plan for community relations.
13. Assist in week-end and evening admissions if needed.
14. Control budget spending and cost of events, memberships, and routine making/sales cost.
15. Obtain SNF and Inpatient Contracts for hospice patient care.
Electronic documentation is required on a daily basis.
The Community Relations Liaison should demonstrate the following characteristics:
Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
Leadership: Ability to set the standard by complying with all policies and procedures of Palladium Hospice and Palliative Care, Inc.
Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques. Ability to effectively share information with all patients, families, disciplines and members of Ark Staff.
Independence: Capability to triage problems and find resources to achieve/institute solutions.
Teamwork: Work well within team of disciplines to develop plan of action and achieve optimal goals
Prioritization: Skills to organize schedule/tasks, focusing on the most pertinent first, and completing all within a timely manner.
Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interest of the patients, families, and the organization.
Problem Solve: Capability to assess situations, gathers information, and generate/initiate plan of action to resolve problems.
Flexibility: Be flexible with schedule and able to modify to any change needed for emergencies.
E = Essential D = Desirable
EEducation: Graduate of an accredited college with an Associate’s Degree in Business or Health related field.
ELicensure: Current MS Divers License.
ETransportation: Reliable transportation with valid and current auto liability insurance. Will need to travel locally with some exposure to weather.
DMinimum of 2 years prior experience in hospice, or other related business sales.
EMust have existing relationships with referral sources in the service area.
EMust have knowledge of physicians, hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, assisted and independent living facilities, case managers and discharge planners in the service area.
Skills and Abilities:
EAble to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
EExcellent customer communication skills and effectively communicates with all staff personnel to coordinate marketing and sales activities.
EDemonstrates the ability to respond professionally and appropriately on behalf of Palladium Hospice and Palliative Care.
EAbility to create written professional documentation and correspondence.
EAbility to create presentations and present them to small groups.
EDisplay the highest level of professionalism as an Palladium Hospice and Palliative Care representative.
EMust display superior customer service orientation and maintain high level of customer service focus through prompt and timely response, and accurate follow through.
ERequires outstanding organizational skills, problem solving skills, thoroughness, adaptability to shifting priorities and multi-tasking.
EMust work well as a teammate and comfortable partnering with other teammates to accomplish company goals.
EDemonstrate a sense of understanding and urgency for priorities.
EMust possess the ability to handle confidential information and act as hospice spokesperson.
EEffectively manages company resources regarding expenses.
EMust have good understanding of computer use and able to enter data into an electronic database.
EKnowledge of HIPAA compliance and regulations.
Other Job Specifications:
EWorks in office area(s), community and long term care facilities.
EMoves intermittently during working hours.
EIs subject to frequent interruptions.
EIs involved with patients, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
EIs subject to hostile and emotionally upset patients, family members, personnel, and visitors.
EIs involved in community/civic health matters/projects as appropriate.
EAttends and participates in continuing educational programs.
EIs subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the work day, as well as to reactions from dust, disinfectants and other air contaminants.
EMust be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.
Palladium Hospice and Palliative Care provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Palladium Hospice and Palliative Care does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, national origin, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, age, disability or handicap, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time