Accountant – Columbia, SC
Fast growing Multi-state Hospice Company seeking an Accountant to join our team in the Columbia, SC area! Family & team oriented environment. The Accountant will serve as a team leader in the finance department and ensures the department creates accurate and timely financial records for the organization, analysis of financial data, and proper handling of budget preparations.
- Facilitates and manages the monthly close process and posting of month end information.
- Responsible for financial reconciliations and audits
- Manages accounts payable duties, and coding of invoices to proper GL accounts.
- Ensures all negotiated contracts are paid as agreed upon.
- Analyzes different general ledger accounts regularly.
- Ensures efficient working of all financial transactions within the assigned companies.
- Creates forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel.
- Communicates all activities to controller.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field.
- Ability to display strong personal computer and business solutions software skills. – Advanced Microsoft Excel; proficiency in Word.
- Demonstrated progression of responsibility in an accounting and/or finance department.
- Ability to communicate proficiently.
- Ability to maintain customer/client focus.
- Ability to maintain planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Ability to display ethical conduct.
- Proficient financial management skills.
- Problem solving analysis skills.
Job Type: Full-time